West 135th Street Apartments was renovated and operates as a good steward of the environment and its residents.
WHY CHOOSE GREEN?
Location in a Transit-Oriented, Walkable Community Reduces Residents’ Dependency on Driving.
Located in a smart-growth location, West 135th Street Apartments is within walking distance to transit, businesses, shopping and entertainment.
Environmentally Friendly Practices Improve Indoor Air Quality and Promote Healthier Living.
- Low or no VOC paints, cabinets and carpets reduce harmful toxins in the air.
- Recycled and recyclable carpets reduce landfill use.
- Restricted smoking policy and high-quality ventilation systems ensures fresh air throughout the building.
- Green cleaning and operating policies ensure a continued healthier atmosphere for the residents and reduces environmental impact.
High Quality Construction and High Efficiency Fixtures Provide Greater Comfort, Conserve Energy and Save Residents Money.
- Large operable windows create sun-filled rooms with natural ventilation and ceiling fans provide greater indoor comfort. Taking advantage of natural air and light reduces energy use.
- High performance windows and insulation keep the apartments cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Energy efficiency water heaters as well as a thermostatic radiator valve (TRV) located on the radiator in the living room to help tenants control heat within the apartment.
- ENERGY STAR® light fixtures and appliances are attractive and energy efficient.